360VUZ is the pioneer and Virtual Reality Mobile App Teleporting people in time. It captures and delivers live and on-demand virtual reality experiences. The 360VUZ Mobile app Ranked #1 in the Entertainment category on App Store ahead of top players such as Netflix and Shahid.
360VUZ teleports people in live, virtual reality and Video content in amazing quality – supporting in building the ecosystem for live and on-demand Video and VR to become a mainstream experience for sporting events, exclusive happenings, Influencer Appearances, concerts, and more.
Out in the market in 2017, 360VUZ has more than 3 provisional patents and reached over 1 Million Users.
These were the high level challenges faced by 360vuz team:
- Monolith service layer with tightly coupled architecture components
- Application not deployed for horizontal scalability and high availability
- Multiple single point of failure components
- Server capacity not sized according to actual utilisation, causing high cloud spend
- Minimal Infrastructure and application monitoring which was causing abrupt downtime situations
- Manual feature releases to servers
- AWS architecture setup from scratch with all security, scalability and HA best practices
- Decoupled application components into separate layers ensuring no signal points of failure
- Multi-AZ redundancy throughout the tiers for high availability and fault tolerance
- Utilised AWS managed services like RDS, ElastiCache, CloudFront and other media services
- DevOps pipeline for smooth automated feature releases with minimal to zero user impact
- Monitoring dashboard and respective alerts for all infrastructure metrics
- Scalable, Highly available and Secure AWS setup
- Optimised cloud spend with auto-scaling of resources according to load parameters
- Minimal operational overhead for managing Database and Cache clusters
- Proactive monitoring and alerts to signal potential issues in advance
- Faster release cycles with automated release pipelines